World Premier Agency
- World Premier Agency
- HEADQUATERS Conyers, GA
A dynamic full-service accounting firm with locations outside of Atlanta & Boston with approximately 95 associates that serve a nationwide base of quick-service restaurant owner/operators. We offer excellent benefits, a great work environment, and professional development opportunities.
The Tax Manager is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely preparation of all clients’ tax returns whether prepared personally or by supervision of others. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required. The Tax Manager will have input on any tax issue presented.
- Perform technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Assume full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
- Delegate, manage and perform tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Participate actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts.
- Act as a resource for tax staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Assist and supervise tax staff with more complex business returns.
- Assume client service responsibility for clients the tax manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is delegated from the partner.
- Communicate to the appropriate staff important tax and tax developments affecting the firm’s clients.
- Delegate and manage governmental tax examinations; may represent the client before the appropriate taxing authorities.
- Possess strong knowledge of clients’ financial statements and be able to perform analysis and make appropriate recommendations.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships. Work to continually provide proactive advice and excellent client service.
- Maintain familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Supervise tax staff and provides on-the-job training.
- Work to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Assume responsibility for the smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete, and timely preparation and delivery of all clients’ tax returns.
- Possess complete knowledge of the firm’s core values and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintain knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Participate in the firm’s practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community, and industry activities.
- Prepare other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the partners.
- Research and evaluate tax preparation and tax research software for recommendation to partners.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in tax return complexity, scope, and research.
- At least four (4) years’ experience representing clients before taxing authorities.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience supervising and directing work of tax staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, Master’s degree in taxation preferred.
- A minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills, as well as to maintain license requirements.
- Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Required Licenses, Certificates, Knowledge, or Skills
- A current and valid certified public accountant’s license is required.
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs.
- Proficiency in use of tax preparation, tax research, and tax planning software
- Occasional same day travel for work at clients’ offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Moderate overtime work required from January 1 to April 15, may be in excess of 50 hours per week.