Our client is a well-established Engineering firm based in Stockton, they are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
The successful candidate will design and direct the installation of electromechanical products or plant systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations that affect long-range plant and product engineering planning.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout, detailed drawings, and schematics.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype products or systems.
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with research and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to developments of systems or other uses.
- Coordinates with Customers and outside Consultants/Vendors to release and realize new products.