World Premier Agency
- World Premier Agency
- HEADQUATERS Modesto, CA
The Plant Engineer is responsible for maintaining the campus including plant, property and equipment. The Plant Engineer assures compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, maintains plant reliability, troubleshoot bottlenecks in operation, drives equipment design solutions to operating challenges, and lead continuous improvement programs for improved plant performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs and executes project management and engineering duties, including but not limited to equipment specification, design, construction, and maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of all electrical, refrigeration and steam utilities to ensure that facilities and continue to operate within desired cost effective parameters.
- Provides direction in all engineering/ mechanical systems, new installations, repairs, overhauls, modifications upgrade of all production and support equipment.
- Responsible for development and execution of capital project budgets and plans. Executes and provides oversight of project development and post approval project management.
- Reviews and develops plant construction and engineering standards.
- Research, recommend and design new equipment technologies.
- Establishes standards and policies for regulatory compliance, testing, operating procedures, inspection and maintains plant equipment, assets and buildings.
- Provides coaching and leadership to the Engineering and Maintenance teams.
- Maintains accurate and up to date technical drawings and documentation on all plants equipment, process systems and facility.
- Utilizes continuous improvement tools and lean tools to achieve KPI targets.
- Ensures compliance of equipment, construction, and safety standards with governing agencies such as FDA, AIB, BRC, etc.
- Performs other duties or special projects as needed.
Performance Measures and Key Position Responsibilities includes:
- Principle contact and liaison between the maintenance team and operation, production and warehouse planning. They ensure the area, department or facility in which they are assigned receive professional engineering and maintenance service in a timely manner to ensure high equipment availability and performance.
- Leads in the continuously improvement of the job estimate, planning and scheduling by receiving feedback from maintenance supervisors, maintenance leads, production supervisors, engineers and production planners.
- Compliance on all applicable regulatory programs.
- Improvement in Mean Time between Failures (MTBF) and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- On time and on budget delivery for capital projects
- Relationship with operating and maintenance partners.
- Meeting budgetary requirements.
- Timely distribution of metrics and reports.
Requirements, Qualifications, and Selection Criteria
- BS/MS in Engineering or Technical field
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Project Engineering/Maintenance, preferably in a food processing manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and Process Safety Management
- In-depth capital project management experience
- Good computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Excel, Access general application)
- A good understanding of the statistical analysis of data
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
- Strong Mechanical/electrical background is necessary; refrigeration experience is a plus.
- Should have good written and verbal communications skills and have demonstrated the ability to be approachable and tactful.
- Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings. Have the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
- Understands TPM and preventive maintenance processes.
- Can concurrently manage multiple priorities/projects simultaneously.
· This position requires the incumbent to work Monday through Friday, including weekends and off hours as required.